When it comes to outdoor adventures and activities, there is always the need for some nice ice cold drinks and sometimes food. When it is a hot day, there is nothing better than grabbing a cold drink from your cooler.
Having a cooler with wheels means you can take this cooler with you wherever you go. If you are a fisherman, a sports fan or a camper, you will find that a cooler with wheels will be on the top of your list.
In this article, we will be discovering the best coolers with wheels that you can get your hands on right now.
5 Best Cooler with Wheels
OUR TOP PICK
The YETI Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler is a well known name in many households who have dealt with coolers before.
This YETI cooler has a rotomolded construction, which means this cooler is extremely durable and improves its ice retention. Thus this is seen as a virtually indestructible cooler. Ice will stay like ice in this cooler thanks to the polyurethane foam that is found in the cooler’s lid.
This is by no means a small cooler as it can contain up to 45 beverages of your choosing or up to 55 pounds of ice. The wheels of the YETI Tundra are a single piece tire construction, which makes these tires puncture and impact resistant, suitable for being pulled along any terrain.
The arm of this cooler is made from durable welded aluminium and has comfortable grips. This cooler is very easy to pull along and won’t hurt your palms along the way.
- Large Capacity - The YETI Tundra cooler with wheels can carry a large amount of food and drinks for you. It can store up to 55 pounds of ice or 45 beverages, You won’t need to worry about space with this cooler.
- Tires - The tires are puncture and impact resistant thanks to their single piece constructions. The wheels are made from a hard plastic, so you don’t need to worry about getting a flat tire while you are out.
- Rotomolded Construction - This cooler has a roto molded construction, which improves the overall performance of this cooler and keeps your food and drinks colder for longer. While also this construction makes this cooler very durable and almost indestructible.
- Heavy - This is a large cooler that has a large capacity, therefore it is quite heavy even when it is empty.
The Coleman Rolling Cooler with Wheels has a very large capacity as it can contain up to 95 cans of your choosing. This is a very affordable cooler with wheels that is ideal for anyone who is on a budget.
This Coleman 62 Quart Xtreme cooler has an insulated lid that provides extra insulation, which therefore keeps ice cold for up to 5 days in extremely high temperatures.
The lid provides a tight seal around the cooler and once the lid is on it becomes a seat. The lid can support up to 250 pounds in weight, whether that is multiple people sitting on it or you stack heavy equipment on top of the cooler.
Coleman has even included 4 molded cup holders into the lid. So whether you use it as a seat or as a table this is a versatile cooler.
This cooler is very durable but over time the performance will begin to decrease. Heavy duty wheels are included with this cooler which makes pulling this cooler very easy over any terrain that you may come across.
There are multiple handles for two people to carry this cool or a foldable handle for one person to pull this cooler. This is a simple cooler that allows you to bring everything you need easily.
- Price - This is a very reasonably priced cooler that is perfect for anyone who is on a budget.
- Versatile - The Coleman 62 Quart Xtreme Cooler With Wheels is a large capacity cooler, but the lid has many uses. This cooler can also become a sturdy table or seat. Algonside cup holders this cooler has multiple uses.
- Heavy duty wheels - The wheels that come with this cooler are heavy duty and can put up with anything. Thus you can take this cooler anywhere and the wheels won’t let you down.
- Long lasting - The materials that make this cooler are durable and strong. Yet over time customers have noted that the materials began to warp or the press fit lid seal began to wear, which affected the coolers performance.
The Igloo Outdoor Sportsman Series Cooler with Wheels has four different models for you to choose from, which means you have plenty of size options to choose from. The 110 Quarts capacity cooler has enough space to hold up to 168 cans, so plenty of space for any adventure.
This cooler has a rotomolded construction, which gives this cooler thick wall that will keep your drinks and food cold for longer. Thick ultratherm foam that can be found in the lid and body of the cooler, helps provide this cooler with a 5 day cold performance.
Thick rubber T latches are used for fastening and providing a very tight and secure fit on your cooler.
UV inhibitors have been built into the paint to protect the coole from any sun damage. Like a lot of high end coolers, a threaded drain plug is fitted for easy draining of melted ice. The wheels of the Igloo cooler are soft ride wheels that will give you an easy and smooth ride. The Igloo Outdoor Sportsman Cooler tries to give you a more premium cooler at a more reasonable price.
- Large Capacity - This cooler has a very large capacity, which means you will have plenty of room to bring as much food and drinks that you need for your long trips.
- Drain Plug - A threaded drain plug is provided which helps you drain any melted ice of your cooler really easily.
- Stainless steel hinges - The hinges are made from stainless steel so you can be assured that the hinges are durable and won’t let you down over time.
- Rubber T latches - These latches are stretchy but provide you with a strong and tight seal on your cooler, which keeps the coolness inside.
- Performance - The cooler will keep the contents of the cooler cold for a while but not as long as 5 days as said. Customers have mentioned how their ice started to melt after 24 to 48 hours, which then meant that their contents wouldn't stay cold for 5 days.
The Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Collapsible Rolling Cooler is a very handy cooler for fisherman or campers. This cooler also comes with an expandable and insulated front compartment to help you carry even more stuff.
This cooler uses a deep freeze high performance insulation, which reflects heat instead of absorbing it. There is a triple layer of thick super foam in the base of the cooler, which can be designed to keep any conduction heat from ground away.
This cooler can carry up to 100 pounds. This is a durable and puncture resistant cooler that will not crack over time. The Terrain claims to keep ice up to 3 days and has 2 drink holders and a detectable bottle opener.
These wheels are ideal for any terrain, but if you get tired of pulling the cooler there are shoulder pads so you can carry this cooler as well.
- Wheels - This cooler comes with big all terrain friendly wheels. Hence you can pull this cooler across any terrain easily and effectively.
- Collapsable - When you don’t need this cooler, you can collapse it down, thus saving you space.
- Insulation - The Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze uses high performance insulation that will reflect any heat, like sunlight instead of absorbing it. There is also a triple layer of super foam at the base that prevents any ground heat affecting the cooler.
- Accessories - This cooler comes with accessories such as a cup holder, a bottle open and a front insulated pocket.
- Attaching the cooler to the cart - Some customers have claimed to have concerns about securing the cooler to the cart, as there is just a strap and a buckle to keep it in place. Some customers have felt that the single strap doesn't make the cool secure enough, while other customers haven't seen this as much of an issue.
The Koolatron Kargo Electric Wheeled Cooler is great for when you aren’t going fully off grid. To power this cooler you need either a 12V DC (car battery) or a 110 AC house socket. This cooler has a split lid so you can access the contents really easily.
The Koolatron Kargo doesn’t use any ice at all, a high performing fan keeps your cooler cold and keeps the contents below ambient air temperature at 40 degrees fahrenheit. This cooler can contain up to 42 average sized cans.
Sturdy wheels and handle, will help you to effortlessly transport this cooler. This cooler may need electricity to work but it uses less power that a car tail light. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about the cooler draining all your car’s power.
The Koolatron Kargo has both warming and cooling functions, depending on the contents of your cooler. You can keep snacks and drink cool but also warm up hot dishes as well.
- No ice - You don’t need to worry about ice melting with this cooler as it runs off electricity. This can be from a socket or from your car’s battery.
- Multi Functions - This cooler has a warming and cooling function, which you can use depending on the types of food you are taking with you in your cooler.
- Sturdy - Sturdy wheels and handle, will help you easily carry and travel with this cooler with ease.
- Heavy lid - Some customers have noted that the lid to this cooler is quite heavy.
- Cool not cold - This cooler will keep the content cool but no cold, so better for short trips than longer holidays.
When it comes to buying a cooler with wheels, it does depend on the purposes you have in mind for the cooler. Some people enjoy taking a cooler to the beach, while others use it when they are hosting big outdoor events like BBQ’s, while others take them camping.
Whatever the reason there is a cooler to suit your needs, whether they are big or small.
We have given you the best coolers with wheels that you can buy right now, yet below are some elements of your cooler that you need to think about.
You can’t just buy any old cooler, there are some particular elements that you need to consider. Below you will find everything you need to look out for when buying a cooler with wheels.
You can buy a stationary cooler that doesn't have wheels, yet wheels make a cooler so much easier to transport and carry. Hence the wheels on your cooler are a very important element that you need to look into.
How big the wheels are is very important. This is because small wheels won’t do very well in rough terrain. Therefore it depends on where you will be taking your cooler, however really you don’t want a cooler with really small wheels, otherwise you are going to struggle pulling it.
What your wheels are made of makes a huge difference as well. You want to be able to rely upon these wheels to carry your cooler easily and also to last. The wheels must be durable and ideally puncture resistant. The last thing you want is your cooler to get a puncture while you are pulling it.
This will be one of the first things that you look into when buying a cooler, as you want a cooler that meets your needs. The capacity of your cooler, does depend on many people you are feeding or for how long you are going to be away. You want to make sure that the capacity can meet the demands that you have.
Also when it comes to capacity, you need to be aware that some models have different storage areas. This means some storage areas can be colder than others, which is a handy thing to have if you are bringing food and drinks that need to be kept at different temperatures.
The capacity is about how much you can store in your cooler. The cooler size is about how big the actual cooler is going to be. Some coolers can be huge, while others are a lot smaller. You want to be able to transport your cooler easily, therefore it needs to be able to fit inside your vehicle.
What your cooler is made from is really important as this will affect how well your cooler will retain the coolness and keep your contents cold.
Alongside this, the materials that you choose need to be durable so they can survive whatever conditions they are put into. You want a cooler that is strong and durable and lasts.
Some cheaper coolers over time are known to warp and not produce as tight of a seal on their lids which then affects their performance. The material of your cooler is very important, otherwise the performance of your cooler will suffer.
Which then means that the cooler won’t work as effectively as you would like it to.
The whole point of a cooler is to insulate the food and drinks that you want to take with you. Therefore like the materials that make up your cooler, you want to be aware of the insulation that is used within your cooler.
You want your cooler to keep its contents as cold as possible for as long as possible. There are a few different insulation methods that you will have noted with the coolers we have mentioned above. Here is just a quick run down the different types of insulation that you can find in coolers.
- Polystyrene - This is seen as one of the best insulators for your cooler. Polystyrene is a type of plastic which is quite lightweight and durable. The thicker the polystyrene walls the better the insulation. Most coolers with wheels are made from plastic and have thick walls, yet it may be simple but it works well.
- Foam - In some coolers you will notice that there is a foam lining. A foam lining won’t keep your cooler for codl as long as plastic ubt it works for a couple of hours. Like plastic, if it is thick then it will work better.
In this article we have given you the best coolers with wheels that money can buy right now. A cooler is a great way to bring food and drinks when you are going out to the beach or when you are going fishing or camping.
The type of cooler that you want does depend on how many people you are thinking of feeding. Yet there is a cooler with wheels to suit everyone's needs, so now you know you no longer have to have warm beverages while you are out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Leave A Cooler In The Sun?
Really, you should try to keep your cooler in a shaded area if possible. Soft shell coolers are best kept in shaded areas, while harder coolers are normally UV protected and so it doesn't really matter.
However keeping your cooler in the shade, if that is possible, will reduce any chance of any sun heat affecting your cooler.
How Long Do Coolers Work For?
This varies on the type of cooler that you have and the thickness of your insu;ation. Some companies claim that their cooler can last for up to 5 days maximum, while others last a lot less. However, the outside temperature affects the cooler as well.
The thicker your insulation, in theory the longer your cooler should last for. Yet there are other factors that can affect this, like the outside temperature and the seal on your cooler. If your cooler is intact then the cooler should last longer, but if it isn't producing an airtight seal then the performance will vary on your cooler.